Earthworks, Inc. is seeking a Senior or Management Level Accountant for our corporate office to support the CFO in performing general accounting functions such as maintaining general ledger, preparing month-end close procedures, reconciling account balances and bank statements with solid technological and analytical skills.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and manage spreadsheets and schedules to assist in tracking and analyzing financial information.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions and preparing accounts, ledgers, schedules and reporting systems
- Prepare the monthly reconciliation of accounts and determine the accuracy of balances, figures, calculations posting, etc.; investigate, reconcile and resolve discrepancies; report on variances.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
- Analyze cost variance and fluctuations from manufacturing orders. Cost accounting background is a plus.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting.
- Prepare financial statements and other management operation performance reports
- Assist in preparing for external audits and ensuring compliance.
- Support and participate in month-end and year end close process.
- Complete projects, special assignments and other duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principals.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience in general ledge functions and month-end/year end close processes
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with manufacturing environments and cost accounting skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant
- Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred
- Public accounting experience desired but not mandatory
What Earthworks offers you:
- Competitive base pay.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and other supplemental insurance.
- Company match 401K.
- Safety Incentive programs.
A positive attitude and the ability to work in a team environment is a must.
A family owned and operated business since 1995, Earthworks, Inc. owns six quarries throughout the Midwest, with two limestone quarries in Ste. Genevieve, MO and operates a cottonwood quarry in the state of Kansas.
Our foundation is built upon the skill and dedication of the people of Earthworks, as we bring you products from natural veneer stone to raw block to flagstone, to pavers, to interior/exterior tile, to the most detailed cut stone.
We pride ourselves on the the customer-focused service we deliver each day, and our relentless desire to help you BUILD SOMETHING EPIC.